Thursday, May 30, 2013

Simplicity 1777



 Here is the gorgeous pattern:



This is the fabric I'm using, a Cotton Candy Blue, which is a bit more periwinkle than grey blue like I thought but life goes on:


Here is the inspiration! I just realized how more Robin's Egg Blue her dress is than a greyish blue, but again, c'est la vie:


Goals for this sewing project:

-make a muslin of it first!
-read the entire directions before starting (duh...but I         have skipped this part so many times in my haste!).
-use pattern weights when cutting fabric (I made my own from hardware store washers)
-make a dress form
-pre-wash the fabric
-iron after every seam
-zig zag stitch on the raw edges (I do not have a serger)
-make it beautiful backwards and forwards

I'll probably only have time to work on it five minutes here, five minutes there, but it is still fun for me to try!

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing how your dress and dress form turn out. I have been considering making a dress form for quite some time now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo...sadly the dress form did not turn out. I don't know if I'll do a post about it. It was pretty hideous!

      Delete
    2. Oh no! I haven't tried making one yet, as I am scared I'll put all the effort in and it will turn out not to fit me!

      Delete