Saturday, July 6, 2013

Dress Form!!!

 

Yes....spoiled again!
 
Matt tried helping me make a dress form out of duct tape and an old shirt. Since I have a nursing baby, we had to work quickly.
 
It was a disaster! It looked really scary.
 
So Matt let me buy a real dress form! One that I can adjust and poke needles into. I'm in love!
 
So the Craftsy class I took was amazing! After the free zipper class and the class on perfect fit, I'm sold! I want to take practically all of their sewing classes, especially Gertie's Bombshell dress one (her book is amazing so I bet the class will be too). 

(P.S.- I have absolutely not been paid to say these things)
 
Anyways, my eyes have been opened to sewing new and better things! I'm glad I made a "muslin" which is actually made from $1 a yard Walmart Clearance fabric. However, I wish I would've sprung for actual muslin, which again, is only about $1 a yard.
 
In the Perfect Fit class, the instructor says she sometimes makes three or four muslins before making the actual dress!!! Considering that I also want to make a lining for the dress, I might just stick to altering this green "muslin", and then hope and pray it works out when I try making the final product. 
 
I picked a more difficult pattern too...I'm starting to realize that having my other dresses sort of fit me was pretty much dumb luck! I really had no idea what I was doing but I just really wanted to sew!
 
I will definitely use the full techniques I learned with my next sewing project. But what I have learned is really helping me with this current dress I'm sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment