Saturday, October 18, 2014

Two Book Reviews


 
Well my birthday came early this year....
I couldn't wait to read these books from two of my favorite sewing bloggers, so I bought them. I have so little self control! These books were so worth it though. Each one is such a gem they do deserve their own blog posts for reviews, but I've got to strike while the iron is hot, so here they are:
 
Love at First Stitch
by Tilly Walnes
 


 
This is the kind of book I wish I had when I first started sewing! Tilly breaks it all down so well for the beginning dress maker. Everything is explained in a fun, friendly, informative manner and her style is amazing! I loved loved loved how everything was put together in this beautiful book. The patterns look like so much fun, I can't wait to try them. Tilly oozes chic, great taste.
 
Gertie Sews Vintage Casual
by Gretchen Hirsch
 


Gertie's first book is one of my absolute favorites, so I couldn't wait to see this one. It was amazing! I love a lot of the new patterns, and the art work was beautiful.



 
I can't wait to try working with knits, especially this stripey number up top! It makes me want to go Brigitte Bardot and have a closet full of just those shirts!  

No comments:

Post a Comment