Thursday, March 12, 2015

Baby Steps


This is an exclusive behind the scenes look at my chaos

I bought this book pictured above two years ago while it was still hot off the press. I was very much consumed with other work so I kept putting off and putting off tracing its patterns. It seemed so hard! I didn't want to order MORE fancy (expensive) materials like Swedish tracing paper and all that. It seemed so time consuming to trace it all out. 

Well I got brave, bought Freezer paper from the grocery store and traced two patterns I've been dying to try while listening to books on tape (have you read the Thirteenth Tale? IT'S AMAZING!).

Hopefully I'll have some decent dresses when I'm done!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see those dresses when you are done. Don't feel bad about using freezer paper either. I do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hewf! Well you're the expert so if you say it's okay then I'll go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have that book--but haven't even gotten as far with it as you have, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you make, then maybe I'll take the plunge and try something too.

    ReplyDelete