Friday, August 2, 2013

The Plan: Butterick 6582


I have so much to write about but I am going to start with this, my newest sewing plan:

 


Butterick 6582. I want to make the dress on the top left.






I am using a fabric similar to the one above.


The whole idea was inspired by this swimsuit. I love it!

My goals:

-make a "proper" muslin
-do a lot of hand sewing!!!


Hand sewing scares me. Not only does it take forever but it also can be fragile and ugly, in my opinion. I'm going to try it though, because I bit the bullet and watched Craftsy's Sew Retro. It was amazing! In it, Gretchen does a lot of vintage touches that make dresses look fabulous. Hand sewing is one of those things. It was like taking a master class. Seriously worth every penny to see start to finish how she makes dresses.

Also, have you seen Professor Pincushion on Youtube? Also a gerat resource that is free. She has a lot of dress patterns that she walks through completely, start to finish.

Finally, I have been renting all the Threads magazines my local library has. They are amazing! Those are my sewing finds this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment