Sunday, March 30, 2014

Mad Men!!!


I finished it! Between selling my house and taking care of my family I did it!!!


I know it isn't perfect but hey, I worked really hard on it and it is a lot nicer than any other dress I have ever sewn. It has lining, boning, a waist stay and everything! 


I freaking love this pattern. It was a blast to work with.


I'm really not much of a "Joan" but hers is a fantastic look I had to try to replicate.


 My hubby likes this dress so I'm considering it a win!


8 comments:

  1. The dress looks so amazing! I love the fabric you used for the dress. You look so great in it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! You are such a sweet friend. And since you are so great at sewing I feel very complimented! :)

      Delete
  2. I love it! And you look beautiful in all of the pictures! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're twinsies!! It was a good pattern, wasn't it? I love your polka dots. Apparently I've gone crazy over polka dots this year, as my daughter pointed out that everything in my current to-sew pile, save one piece, is polka dotty! Can't wait to see what you do with Rochelle's bird fabric : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! It was fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

      Delete
  4. I looove it!! It sounds like it was pretty complicated. I don't even know what a waist stay is. Also, your calves look amazing. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha....that surprises me! I only know because I watched this Sew Retro class on that craftsy website. It's kind of like a belt on the inside of the dress. You are so sweet! And the hottest mom in the ward! ;)

      Delete