Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Lemon Dress


 It's summer time! That means I finally have some time to sew.
 


 When I saw this fabric I fell in love! The lemons are perfect and the teal color is so fun. Then I saw a dress on a "Dapper Day" photograph that looked like the Simplicity 1459 pattern. I decided to try and copy it! I love how it turned out.


 I did French seams and a full lining inside. I have never made anything so nice (even though it is not perfect).


One has to have a drink of lemonade with a dress like this! It all makes me feel so summery and happy.

I'm linking this dress to the 2016 Vintage Pledge and Allie's Social Sew.




12 comments:

  1. This is spectacular, Sara Jolie!! The pattern and the fabric are a perfect match, the fit looks wonderful, even the insides are so neat! It may not be perfect but it certainly looks perfect to me! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Thank you so much for your kind words! :)

      Delete
  2. The dress looks amazing and I love the fabric too! What a perfect match. I think it looks perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Monica! You are so kind!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous! That fabric rocks. Kudos to you for going the extra mile and finishing everything so nicely. This is a keeper! Glad I discovered your blog via the link up on Allie J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by and thank you for your kind words! :)

      Delete
  4. SO great!!!! I love love love the fabric!!!!
    xx, Kirsten

    http://www.thedressbakery.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done and such a happy color and print. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful dress. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! And thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete