Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Capsule Wardrobe FINALLY completed!!!


 Hey everyone! I'm here to say I really did finish my crazy capsule wardrobe project! I decided to go ahead and document all the different combinations I could find. Supposedly there are 96 different outfits that can be made, but I only could think of 80. Let me know what I did wrong, although 80 combinations are still a lot for me! 

The following is a photo dump of all my different outfits. I acknowledge that some are better that others and my construction is not perfect. However, I learned so much and I am so excited to start wearing all these outfits every day (I was saving them for this blog post because I didn't want any of them to possibly be ruined!).

My "Winter Berry" Capsule Wardrobe:





















































































If you made it to the end, thank you! I am so excited about all the different combinations of clothes I will get to wear everyday!
Also, I must thank the Wardrobe Architect series and the "Sew to Flatter" class on Craftsy!




18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You are amazing! I think you've done so well and I love all the looks. What an amazing feeling of accomplishment to know you have made everything! X Allison @ The Tall Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It took so long but it was worth it!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! It was a labor of love!

      Delete
  3. Amazing!! I love your tops don't know if I could pick a favorite. The tie top is gorgeous so is the pink one and the stripes look so comfy and then the white is so classic!! Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm clapping Sarah! What a beautiful wardrobe. You've got so many great pieces in here and the colors are a true reflection of you. I love the white moto jacket and the red jacket. That red is perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You definitely were an inspiration to me. I love your sudoku wardrobe that you made in the Spring!

      Delete
  5. Wow, I'm super inspired by this. I'm going to work on some staples work pieces and this gives me plenty ideas. You did an AMAZING job. Thank you for sharing - NaturalDane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your capsule wardrobe because I was looking at classes on Craftsy, and I'm so glad I did!! Oh my gosh, you have inspired me to do the same thing! I have needed a new look for so long and really want to sew as many of the pieces as I can on my own. What a fab idea. I absolutely love your floral blouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that is one of my favorites! I LOVE the "Sew to Flatter" class and I really recommend it if you haven't already purchased it!

      Delete
  7. Fantastic wardrobe -very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! It has been so useful to have separates that match!

      Delete
  8. I saw you post on Instagram and came to see your Capsule wardrobe. It is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I need to do a follow up post about it, but I am glad I did it and it has been very useful!

      Delete
  9. Popped over from your Craftsy project post. Wow! Now that you've had a few months to wear your wardrobe are you happy with it? I'm thinking to do a RTW Fast next year and I definitely want to use it to think carefully about my wardrobe. Your post was super-helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl! Thank you so much! I must admit that sadly all I have now from this collection is the scallop skirt and bow tie blouse! Three of the garments fell apart, two of them didn't work from the beginning, and the rest I never ended up wearing! I am just a self taught, beginner seamstress but I don't count this all as a waste because it really opened my eyes about what kind of clothes work for me! It was definitely worth all the work to learn that!

      Delete