Thursday, April 24, 2014

Butterick B5209- Sew for Victory!


I have so much to do, the very last thing I should be doing is some sewing! But I have been dreaming of sewing this dress for a long time, so indulged myself. As long as I don't make it a habit right?


I feel like I am a fraud if I don't point out every flaw. I will say that I am pretty darn proud of the pattern matching I did right on the waist. As for the rest, I ran out of fabric! Also, I pinned the slit a little higher because it was just a wee bit too low for me.


Also I am proud of myself for making victory rolls in my hair! 
My little girl dreams have come true.


8 comments:

  1. The dress looks wonderful! Don't worry about any flaws because you make it look perfect. I also love how you styled you hair too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so nice! thank you for always encouraging me :)

      Delete
  2. I love this so much. And yessss, to the victory rolls!! I've been doing them in my hair for the last couple of shows I've played at. Makes me feel so fancy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was nervous about it but thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  3. You are amazing! I LOVE the fabric and the print, and the color, I love everything!

    http://www.ourlifeisbeautiful.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww! Thank you so much! I really appreciate that, especially because I am a fan of your style!

      Delete
  4. Oh, is that rochelle's bird print?! Looks lovely and your hair and makeup are spot on!

    ReplyDelete