Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Call the Midwife- Jenny Lee Costume







 
Have you ever seen "Call the Midwife"? I am constantly insisting that people watch this sweet, amazing show that seems cutesy on the outside but has powerful stories of real people's lives.
 
Jenny Lee, the real person, is my hero! I tried my best to copy the Jenny Lee from the TV show. I curled my hairs and everything! I have always considered my hair to be thin but it exploded after I took the curlers out. I had to settle for a pony tail.
 
I made the hat from paper, I drafted the apron myself, and I used the pattern Simplicity 1880 for the dress, with some alterations to the collar.
 
I really like how it turned out! Also I realized that this dress could be used in future Halloweens with different accessories. With a blonde wig, black ribbon, and a tea cup I could easily be Alice in Wonderland. With long white sleeves and a book I could be Belle from Beauty and the Beast like this clever lady did. I will be entering this in "The House That Lars Built" blog's Third Annual Halloween Costume Contest.

Update: check this out

2 comments:

  1. I totally think you should win the Halloween costume contest. You did a great job and you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the best! Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete