Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Easy Peasy Yoga Mat Bag

I don't always do yoga, but when I do, it's the dollar store kind. Also, I have to awkwardly store my yoga mat in the corner of my closet and it sometimes unravels and yeah, it needed better storage options.


Luckily I had a yard of fabric in my stash a friend had given me that seemed like it would work perfectly.


I just draped it over the yoga mat and left a generous amount of fabric on each side to make a bag. I cut it out this way.

Then I turned it inside out, right sides touching, and sewed with a 5/8ths seam allowance. I cut the edged with pinking shears, turned it right side out again, and poked the points of the bottom of the bag with a small crochet needle. 

Finally I turned the top under a few inches, sewed it all around except for a small hole to thread a 1 inch grosgrain ribbon, threaded said ribbon, and tied it up!


I worked maybe 25 minutes on this project tops! I'm debating putting a shoulder strap on it but this works for my purposes. Projects like this are great confidence builders. I need to do more of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment