Thursday, April 7, 2016

Wardrobe Architect Week 2: Defining a Core Style


Using the Week 2 Worksheet from the Colette blog, I will try to identify my own core style. Follow along if you'd like to!

When you are wearing your favorite clothing, how do you feel? 
I feel pretty, comfortable, happy, fun, and at ease.

When you are wearing something not quite right, how do you feel? What are the feelings you want to avoid about the clothes you wear?

I feel frumpy, awkward, conspicuous, boring, homely, ragged, uncomfortable, out of style, garish, cheesy, cheap, and poor (I know one can still dress nicely and be poor, but I don't like looking impoverished if I can avoid it).

Who do you consider to be your style icons? What is it about them that appeals to you?

I love the style of Zooey Deschanel, Lauren Conrad, and yes, Betty Draper on Mad Men (pretty much everyone from that show actually). I think their clothes are fun and feminine. They are fresh yet have an old fashioned feel to them. 

What are some words that describe styles that you like in theory, but are not quite you?

Ultra-modern, bohemian, rustic, and simplistic styles I admire but don't like on myself. I hate neons and geometric prints on myself but think they can look nice on others. I would love to have light blonde hair and pale skin and wear pastels all the time, just because I love pastel colors, but that's also not quite me. 

 
  Look over your answers from last week. List at least 15 words you associate with your answers. Think about descriptive words, moods, and feelings you associate with these things.

Feminine, old fashioned, modest, comfortable, flattering, pretty, stylish, unique, subtle, happy, attractive, age appropriate, fresh, fun, and practical.

Are there other words that you would add to the list? What other words describe your core style?


Vintage, retro, sweet, demure, understated, classic, and a touch of whimsy?


Look over the answers to all the questions above. If you had to narrow the list to only 3-5 words to describe you, which words would you choose?

 Feminine, demure, classic, and pretty (at least, those are the goals).
 
 Visual Exercise- Collect 15-20 images that represent these 3-5 words for you:




Pinterest inspiration board here

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I totally agree with your style icons--Zooey Deschanel's style is so perfect: retro but modern and fun at the same time. I also love Lemon's style from the tv show Hart of Dixie, she has the same retro-modern thing going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I immediately looked Lemon up and I agree, she has great retro-modern style!

      Delete