Thursday, May 12, 2016

Wardrobe Architect Week 7: Exploring Solids and Prints


I love prints! They can add a lot of interest to clothes.


I am such a sucker for a fun novelty print! They can be really fun on kids clothes but they can also look really busy and overwhelming on an adult, in my opinion. I feel kind of childish when I wear them, depending on the print. Also, too many novelty prints can be hard to match with other clothes.


I do think that less is more and a good polka dot may look more plain on a bolt but it is adorable once made into a garment!


Same goes for stripes (and yes, I am including a chevron as a sort of "stripe")!


Plaids are another favorite! I think the tartans look great on fall/winter clothing and the gingham looks great in spring/summer apparel, but again, that's just my opinion.


I love love love florals! They are so feminine and I can't believe I haven't incorporated more of them into my sewing! That needs to change.

I did leave out geometric prints. I think they can look nice on others but I really don't like them on myself. It probably has something to do with my aversion to math!

I love this wardrobe architect project and I am really starting to get inspired! This slow, week by week set of posts helps me think about what I really want to do, even when I don't exactly keep a weekly pace up! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment