Friday, October 28, 2016

Latest Projects

 Hello! It has been awhile since I posted, not because I didn't want to, I have just been SO BUSY. Being a mom is no joke. It's completely worth it and I ADORE my babies, but that also means sometimes life gets a little fast paced and non-essential things get left in the lurch.


 However I am so happy that I sewed a swimsuit! Good thing I got it done in September when it was starting to get cold and all the pools closed (I never seem to get something done in time for the right season)! Sewing a swimsuit was definitely a goal I was excited to check off my bucket list and I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like it! I used the Bombshell pattern in case anyone was wondering. A gingham vintage style one piece is a must in my opinion!



As I have posted before I adore holidays and I got a crazy idea to make a shirt for each one! I decided to give the Sorbetto top a try (it's from the Colette blog and it's free!). I added sleeves from another pattern and I love it so much! The fabric was a lucky find that I think is perfect! I love a cutesy, vintage Halloween look.




Years ago a friend wore and adorable Minnie Mouse-like top to a party and I thought it was amazing. She told me where to buy it and of course it wasn't there by the time I went looking for it. I never stopped thinking about how I could make it and I hoarded fabric for it for years. Well I finally decided to try a similar look with the Sorbetto top and I love it! I drafted the Peter Pan collar myself and now I want to make twenty more in all different colors! Also can I give a shout out to fashion fabric! Yes, I have finally grown up and discovered how fantastic it is to use fabric meant for clothes on clothes! I'm using fashion fabric from now on and not looking back (for the most part)! ;)


Have a great week!


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your swimsuit! You look amazing and confident and I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of it next year!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...you are the sweetest!!! I really liked the swimsuit you made this summer too!

      Delete
  2. You are amazing! I have always thought about doing a swimsuit but have been to scared of it to do so. You rock! It looks perfect and is so cute too! I also love the other tops you made. Especially the mini one, very adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are the sweetest and if I could sew a swimsuit you definitely can!!!

      Delete