Monday, February 13, 2017

Capsule Wardrobe Update




My newest obsession is thinking about my "Winter Berry" capsule wardrobe and how I can do it justice! I don't want to spend a fortune but I don't want to compromise on what I really want since I will be sewing each garment. I want the right colors, the right mood, the right patterns, ect. I want it to be flattering for my coloring, body shape, lifestyle, budget, and most importantly my dreams! 

In my last Craftsy class I took, the teacher suggested first finding a print you'd like to wear and then gathering the other colors you'd like in your wardrobe. Well, I did it the other way around! I picked out the colors I wanted first and then tried to find a print I wanted that would match them. It is harder to find a print that way, and maybe the one above is a bit of a stretch for the colors I want, however I don't think it is very off base either. I was looking for a cool, not too bright or bold, small floral with pink, blue, and purple. This fabric is speaking to me! We'll see how I feel about it in a few months, but I think this will work.

In my last post I talked about the 12 garments I need to make a wardrobe that can be style 96 ways.
The patterns I would like to use are the following (I think about this project so much I almost have them memorized!):




Navy Pants- Liv Bell Bottoms (drafted into flares) from Sewing Vintage Modern (sorry, I could only find an image of the book its from)



Navy Jean Skirt- Simplicity 8019 


Navy Striped Shirt- Liesel + Co Maritime Knit Top


Navy Blazer- Butterick B5926


Maroon Tweed Jacket/ Oversize Cardigan (I can't decide which one I really want yet, and the pattern could be either)- Simplicity 2154




Maroon Shirt (maybe with a raised collar)- Susie Blouse from Sew Over It

Maroon Maxi Skirt- M6966


Grey Skirt- The Alberta Street Pencil Skirt from Sew House Seven



Light Purple or Pink "Sweater Set" (I can't decide what I want more and I'm using two different patterns to sew the pieces)- Fitted Cardigan from the Gertie Sews Vintage Casual book (couldn't find a picture of it, sorry) and the Orla shirt from Tilly and the Buttons


Printed Blouse (Floral Fabric above)- the Pussy Bow Blouse from Sew Over It (Agnes for Knit)



Printed Skirt (ditto)- The Everyday skirt from Liesel + Co. (M6966 for knit)

So here is a mock up of how the colors will work with each other...I'm hoping they will look good and I think they will!

 (I used a Burgundy instead of the maroon mentioned on the top image and I think it works better! Also I'm planning to use the Barbie Pink as a lipstick color!

I have collected these patterns over the years from sales and many I have won in a few competitions! Now all of my pattern hoarding is paying off. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Even though I don't think you will need it because you do such fabulous work. I'm excited to see it all come together too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! You are so sweet. Fingers crossed!

      Delete