Friday, April 29, 2016

Wardrobe Architect Week 4: Proportions and Silhouettes


Trying to narrow down all my ideas for a capsule wardrobe is hard! I have so many thoughts about what to sew/wear and I'm not sure how to make them all work. However, doing the Wardrobe Architect "work" has helped me focus on what I really really want to do, and that has been very helpful!

 This week has been about silhouettes and thinking about that made me realize yet again, I am a hopeless romantic/vintage/feminine style lover! 


I'm really digging the shirt dress right now. The silhouette with a smaller waist and fuller skirt seems so comfortable to me! 




I LOVE this dress! A modest, not too tight "wiggle dress" is another silhouette that seems attractive and feminine to me. The color and the radishes on the fabric are awesome too! Just the right amount of whimsy.

 

As much as I LOVE wearing dresses and skirts I don't always do it because A)Sometimes I have a lot of work to do that would ruin a dress and more importantly B)My husband doesn't always like dresses and prefers when I wear jeans. As much as I would like to wear skinny jeans, I don't like the way it makes my derriere appear and I don't find them comfortable. A boot leg jean is my favorite, with a loose fitting top.

If you'd like to see it I made a pinterest board for this Wardrobe Architect challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment