Saturday, July 8, 2017

Capsule Wardrobe Update July 2017


This project has taken me longer than I had hoped. I keep joining in on random sew-a-longs that pop up and I did pick a wardrobe formula with 12 garments to sew AND I picked challenging patterns and fabrics (for me) to sew with. So, this long wait is completely all my fault. However, as I keep saying, this project has been liberating! Maybe some would find it too confining to limit one's wardrobe to a few colors but it has freed me from wanting to buy everything. I needed that, guilty as charged!

In the last few months I have thankfully been able to sew a few of the garments needed, and they are as follows:


A floral Pussy Bow Blouse from Sew Over It



A floral Everyday Skirt from Liesel + Co.



 A chambray skirt with the same pattern from above (it's great! It has lovely pockets!!!).



 


A re-do of the Maritime Top from Liesel + Co. This time it has a much better fit!

 An Orla blouse from Tilly and the Buttons.

So here is the scorecard on what I have done and what still needs to be accomplished:


With the exception of a few gifts I have to sew and as long as this project doesn't cut too much into my Halloween costume sewing time, I am going to focus on this! At least, I would like it done by fall sometime.


They all do look pretty hanging together in my closet! Hopefully they don't look too homemade, but I'm focusing on progress, not perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment